Recipes for Weeknight Meals, Entertaining, Holidays and More
Dixie® products offer amazing recipes to elevate your holiday, cookout, or family mealtime
6 Winter Veggies Kids Will Love
The easiest way to get kids to eat a rainbow of vegetables? Make them taste delicious! Here’s how.>
- Use a spiralizer to prepare a beet and carrot salad that will surprise kids with its fun shapes. Dress with oil and lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If your kids like beef jerky, try beet jerky. (You read that correctly!) Cut beets into slices, season with soy sauce, maple syrup and spices and cook in an oven on low on top of parchment paper until dry but still bendable (about 2 ½ hours).
- If your kids like tempura at Japanese restaurants, try making broccoli tempura at home. Dip broccoli florets into a flour and water batter, roll in panko crumbs, then fry. They’ll be crunchy, tasty, and ready for your kids’ favorite sauce.
- Assemble a broccoli forest by “planting” spears in a casserole of cooked brown rice stirred up with some butter, sautéed onion, and grated cheese. Bake, serve, and watch kids gobble it up!
- Make cauliflower mac and cheese by stirring in cauliflower puree before baking.
- Make cauliflower mashed potatoes by stirring in some cauliflower puree before serving. Either way, with cauliflower’s mild flavor, you can sneak extra servings of vegetables onto every plate./li>
- Make a mean green smoothie by mixing chopped kale leaves, apple, banana, ice and almond milk in a blender.
- Make kale “potato” chips by tossing kale leaves in olive oil, seasoning and a pinch of sea salt. Roast in the oven on medium for about 15 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Kids love this veggie when served up pasta-style. Make spaghetti squash with garlic and marinara.
- Spaghetti squash with creamy alfredo sauce is a tasty alternative too.
- Make sweet potato toast by cutting thin slices and cooking in your toaster until golden. Let kids pick their own toppings and spreads.
- Make your own sweet potato fries by tossing thick cut sweet potatoes in oil and seasonings. Then baking a tray full in a hot oven for about 20 minutes.
Other Recipes You May Be Interested In
Shop Dixie® products online and in store.
Ready to buy? Click below to find your favorite Dixie® products online or at the store nearest you.
Got something you’d like to share with us?
If you love Dixie® products and just want to shout it out loud, here’s your chance!