Dixie® Paper Bowl Jellyfish Craft
Bring the ocean to your living room with this fun and colorful jellyfish craft! With flowing tentacles and googly eyes, this Dixie® craft will transport your kids to a world of under-the-sea magic. Transform a rainy day inside into an enchanted day at the beach using a Dixie® paper bowl and streamers. With just a little imagination, your child won't just have fun making this jellyfish craft, they'll be entertained for hours on their undersea adventure. Ride the wave and start making this aquatic Dixie® craft now!
Did you know:
Jellyfish sizes range from smaller than a pinhead to larger than a human being.
A group of jellyfish is called a smack.
Paper Bowl Jellyfish Craft
What you need:
Dixie® paper bowls
Colorful paper streamers
Stapler, tape or glue
One sheet of black and white construction paper
1. To create the jellyfish's head, scrunch paper streamers and wind around the outside of the bowl, attaching with adhesive.
2. Create googly eyes out of construction paper and glue to your streamer-wrapped bowl.
3. To create the Jellyfish's tentacles, cut strips of streamers of varying lengths.
4. Adhere the tentacle strips to the inside of the bowl, being sure to distribute evenly.
5. Scrunch and crumble the tentacle strips to create a rippling texture. Gently shake the tentacle streamers free from one another so that they hang loosely. (If you pull too hard, they might rip.)
6. Using a push pin, poke a hole through the center of the bowl.
7. Cut wire or string. Tie a knot at one end and thread the unknotted side through the hole going bottom to top.
8. Hang your jellyfish craft and voila! To create an under-the-sea effect, create multiple jellyfish and hang at varying heights.