Create an idea jar to hold conversation starters, and choose one whenever you have time to share with your kids. You’ll always have something to talk about and learn from each other.
1. Find a clean mason jar, candy jar or vase that you can easily reach inside.
2. Decorate it! Cut out paper, use stickers. Anything to make the idea jar your own.
3. Cut a few pieces of paper into slips and write down your conversation starters. Encourage your kids to add ideas as well.
4. Put the slips of paper into the jar and place the jar somewhere convenient where you can grab a slip from it any time.
5. Keep the conversation going. These aren’t just questions, after all. They’re the start to a conversation.