BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
1 boneless pork shoulder or Boston butt roast (3 ½ to 4 lb)
1 ½ tsp each salt and pepper, divided
1 ½ cups barbecue sauce, divided
¾ cup beer
¼ cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp cider vinegar
4 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bag (14 oz) coleslaw mix
2 green onions, thinly sliced
24 slider buns, split
- Season pork roast with 1 tsp each salt and pepper; transfer to insert of slow cooker. Pour 1 cup barbecue sauce and beer over top. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High for 4 to 6 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Transfer meat to bowl; let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, transfer 2 cups of cooking liquid into saucepan set over high heat. Simmer, skimming fat, for 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in remaining barbecue sauce. Remove from heat.
- Shred pork using two forks. Toss pulled pork with reduced sauce; cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper; toss with coleslaw mix and green onions.
- To serve, assemble pulled pork and coleslaw on slider buns.
Tip: For loaded pulled pork sliders, add Cheddar cheese slices, bacon, avocado slices and pickled jalapeño peppers.