Learn Fractions with Dixie® Paper Plate Pizzas!
While you're at home with the kids, you might be trying to think of ways to make homeschooling more fun (for both of you). Not every kid loves learning fractions, but it's hard to find a kid that doesn't like pizza! This craft is a great way to get your kids crafting, painting or coloring and learning with just a few affordable materials that you might already have at home.
What you need:
- Dixie® Paper Plates
- Paint, markers, or crayons (Use colors like red, brown, yellow, orange, green and white)
- Paint brushes (if using paint)
- Flip the Dixie® paper plate upside down.
- Paint a brown crust on each plate.
- Paint sauce on each plate--red for marinara or green for pesto.
- Paint on yellow or white for cheese.
- Add toppings! Feel free to mix it up from plate to plate: pepperoni, feta cheese, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes.
- Let paint dry completely
- With a parent, cut Dixie® plates into fractions: 1, 1/2, 1/3, 3/4, 4/5 -go as small as you would like!
- Have fun piecing different fractions together to see how many pieces make a whole. For some added fun, combine this craft with a real pizza party for the whole family!